We went on a road trip without our Sprinter. We keep the Sprinter stocked and ready to hit the road at a moments notice. Consequently, it also serves as a storage locker for our most important travel items.
Here are a few of the things we forgot to pack.
- Solar panel
- Portable battery charger (This was a huge fail for us)
- Shoes (An entire box full of spare shoes)
- Board games
- BC map
- Rain jackets
- Hiking poles
- Spare pens
- My ski boots (This was a miscommunication more than the fault of a vehicle change, however)
Here is a partial list of items we packed.
- Christmas tree stand
- 2 strings of Christmas tree lights
- Box of Christmas ornaments
- Ingredients for reindeer food
- Knives, spoons, forks, sporks. Cutting board
- Hot cocoa
- Gloves (Equal numbers of rights and lefts but not matching)
- Embroidered red flannel Christmas hats
- Power strip
- Tins of cookies (As gifts, not for eating)
- 4 pairs of Holiday Specs glasses
- Mexican blanket
- Karo Syrup (For making ginger bread house icing. CD gets credit for this one)
- 3 Jackets per person (Only CD had a rain jacket)
- 2 swimsuits per person
- Work clothes and dress jacket (For Molly’s 2 hour meeting at the bar)
- Neck warmers, scarves, hats
- Flip flops, sandals
- Slippers and flannel PJs
- A gift wrapped used DVD (For re-gifting)
Here are a few things we picked up along the way.
- 2 winter jackets
- Icing sugar (The first store was sold out)
- An edgie wedgie
- Advent calendar (I thought they would be on sale by December 21st, but they weren’t)
- An elf on the shelf (HB wanted one and we put it in the condo. Grace cried because it is creepy. She doesn’t want it watching her. I agree, it is creepy)
- 2 sets of Karate pads
- A baby doll car seat
- Rental skis and boots (Ha!)
- Cheese puffs
- “Winter Jack”
- Christmas tree
- A gallon of organic local cider
- 18 frozen spring rolls. 4 frozen pizzas. 36 eggs.
Just in case you wonder how our tree fared. Here it is.
I tend to make packing lists, give ideas, and load suitcases. CD tends to be in charge of packing the van. We check out of Big White on the 26th. He thinks he can get everything back in the car if he starts on the 24th.
I have been fishing for ideas as to how to dispose of our Christmas tree. I wonder if Big White has a plan for this.
Maybe we can re-gift it …